A2.3.2: DEMONSTRATIVE ACTION FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF AQUACULTURE FOOD PRODUCTS FROM MICROALGAE AND BEACH-CAST MACROALGAE. EFFECT OF FUCOXANTIN, PROTEIN, FATTY ACIDS AND POLYSACCHARIDES CONTENT IN THE FEEDING AND CULTIVATION OF TILAPIA AND FAST-GROWING SPECIES
Based on results from previous activities, we will carry out feeding assays on the target species, both at their juvenile and fattening stage. Depending on these results, we will evaluate different possible inclusion levels of the biomasses and extracts from macroalgae and microalgae, and include them in the corresponding diets. The experiments will be carried out at the facilities and the Aquaculture Research Group of the ULPGC in Taliarte.
- Design of the products to be tested (15 products/test)
- Production of the corresponding diets (50 products in total)
- Two long-term feeding experiments on amberjack (2 treatments and 10 products to be tested) in 200 and 1000 L tanks. 500 animals/test will be randomly distributed in 15 tanks and fed 3 times/day, 6 days/week. Samples will be collected at the beginning and at the end of each experiment.
- Two long-term feeding experiments on tilapia (2 treatments and 10 products to test) in 60 and 200 L tanks, in conventional and aquaponic systems. Feeding 3 times/day, 6 days/week. Collection of samples at the beginning and the end for each experiment.
- Determination of the productivity of the different formulas up to the doubling of weight of the animals, at least. Analytical assessment of water quality and nutrient content; bioactivity tests in the animals.
Fundação Gaspar Frutuoso, Fundación Canaria del Instituto Canario de Investigación del Cáncer (FICIC), Universidad de La Laguna, Universidade da Madeira, Universidade dos Açores (UAc), Laboratoire d’Electrochimie et des Procédés Membranaires (LAE) Universite Cheikh Anta DIOP (Senegal), Instituto Tecnológico de Canarias, Universidad de Ciencias, de Tecnología y de Medecina (USTM) (Mauritania), Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, IDEAQUA FISH & AQUAPONIC SL, Algalimento S.L. FISH & AQUAPONIC SL, Algalimento S.L.